New Agency Name – California Department of Fish and Wildlife

It sometimes takes the California Architects Board a little while to update things on the California Supplemental Exam and they have finally updated a state agency.

fish-and-wildlife

California-Department-of-Fish-and-Wildlife-300x395The California Department of Fish and Game changed their name to California Department Fish and Wildlife on January 1, 2013. The change removed the word “Game” and replaced it with “Wildlife”, much to the chagrin of game hunters. But the California Architects Board had not updated the name change on the California Supplemental Exam prior to the Exam being suspended back in May.

The Exam started being administered again a few weeks ago on July 2 and it appears they have updated the agency name to California Department of Fish and Wildlife. This isn’t a big deal or big change, but you still want to pay attention as not to confuse it with the federal agency, U.S. Fish and Wildlife. As always, take your time reading the questions and carefully selecting your answers.

Did you enjoy this video? Let me know your thoughts below.

Randy E. Baker July 15, 2013, 2:31 pm

Thank you for your tips and emails!

David July 15, 2013, 11:56 pm

Hi Randy,

Thanks for checking out the video tip and your kind words!

Good luck with your studies,

David

Maria L. July 15, 2013, 11:30 pm

Thanks David for this information. Is this one of many other changes after administering the exam back again on July 2?

David July 15, 2013, 11:58 pm

Hi Maria,

It remains to be seen what kind of changes have occurred, however I don’t anticipate any major changes. I would imagine some tweaks here and there, but nothing to be overly concerned about. I think CAB was doing some more fine tuning which is something they have continued to do over the last 2.5 years since the multiple choice format came into existence.

Thanks for checking out the video tip!

David

Tim Rhoads July 16, 2013, 7:37 pm

David, I always appreciate your updates and positive words of encouragement… Glad to also hear that the exam may be more passable with the new changes… I’m taking it again in September and hope this crazy journey for licensure will finally conclude and I can begin to take my career to new places… Thanks again for your extra concern for us candidates and alsofor the great product that you have produced to get us all over and through this last hurdle… Aloha from Maui, Tim Rhoads

David July 17, 2013, 10:03 am

Hi Tim,

You’re most welcome my friend. It may not seem like it now, but the harder the journey, the greater the reward. I think a lot of candidates have been through what I call a character building exercise, all of this is just a test of our determination and only makes our character stronger. I actually haven’t met anyone who has given up yet – of course, they probably wouldn’t tell me if they did ;).

Enjoy the summer and good luck come September, be sure to keep me posted.

Aloha! David

Lisa Marshall July 17, 2013, 10:05 am

David: I can’t thank you enough for all your study materials AND keeping me up to date on the latest information. I know it will be THANKS to you when I pass this exam!!! See you in NOR CAL, next week! I have heard your voice more in the past couple of months than I have of my husband and two kids …. COMBINED!

David July 17, 2013, 11:16 am

Hi Lisa,

You are most welcome! yes, I’ve heard of a few jealous spouses in the past 😉 Look forward to meeting you at the Seminar next weekend!