011. CSE podcast – California Building Standards Code

[audio:http://traffic.libsyn.com/reside/cse11-cbsc.MP3]

About this Episode:

Like what you’ve heard? I would greatly appreciate you leaving a comment here and/or submitting a review to itunes.

Right Click Here to Download mp3

Questions or Comments? Call in to the voicemail feedback line at 1.800.476.5579 and hear your question, in your voice, on the air!

jeanine April 22, 2011, 6:52 pm

I am glad I found this podcast, although I am not studying for the CSE, I have listened to #11 podcast over and over again. I like that you “hit us over the head” with the diff. bts CBC and the CBSC, and tired to explain title 24 within.

David April 29, 2011, 11:51 am

hi jeanine!

i’m so glad you found this podcast too, especially since you’re not even studying for the CSE šŸ™‚

hope you continue to tune in!

Sharie August 26, 2011, 3:27 am

Hi. First of all your podcasts and recorded study guide are a lifesaver, especially for working moms like me, so thank you so much.
Second I have a question about the new 2010 building codes. It seems as though there are some big changes. Do you think you could go over the most important ones?
Last year I took the last oral exam and did not pass. I think I bought your whole enchilada too late. Are there updates in the study guide regarding the code change?
Thanks again,
Sharie

David August 26, 2011, 2:43 pm

Hi Sharie!

you’re very welcome, it is my pleasure to be able to help so many people šŸ™‚

There have been changes with the updating of the California Building Standards Code from 2007 – 2010. It’s very topical you just asked because i released my first CSE video tip discussing that exact topic. See the video here; http://californiasupplementalexam.com/videotip1

I also JUST released a podcast discussing the changes as well, http://californiasupplementalexam.com/episode34

hope that helps and good luck with your studies!

Heather Singerman September 3, 2012, 10:43 pm

I’m just working my way through these podcasts from the beginning while I study for my CSE, and I’m only on #17, so I don’t know what you’ve got in store all the way up to your current podcast, but I wanted to post that I do hope you interview some public officials etc in upcoming episodes, even someone from CAB would be really interesting! Looking forward to the rest.

David September 4, 2012, 11:57 am

hi heather,

i would love to but it’s more of a challenge than i thought. for example, DSA wasn’t interested and i’ve been trying to get the army corps of engineers on but it’s difficult get the schedules to aligned. i may revisit that idea in the near future.

p.s. i recommend starting with most current and working your way back šŸ˜‰

thanks again for posting!

Cyrus Dezfuli-Arjomandi April 26, 2014, 5:24 pm

Hi David,

Here is a link to the newer Guide to 2013 CBSC Title 24:

Cyrus

David July 3, 2014, 9:51 am

Thanks for posting Cyrus!

David